Today (Aug 1st) at 13:00 UTC we have published new installers and repositories of the Sailfish OS SDK. This SDK release is called 1707 and it matches Jolla Release 2.1.1.
Please, read the following notes about the Early Access SDK:
- By using the Early Access SDK developers can test their Sailfish OS apps about a week before the Sailfish OS release is made public
- During the early access time the Early Access SDK should not be used for submitting apps to the Jolla Harbour
- The installers for this release of the SDK are available at http://sailfishos.org/wiki/Application_SDK_Early_Access#Latest_Early_Access_SDK_Release
- Instructions for adding the early access repository into the SDK can be found from http://sailfishos.org/wiki/Application_SDK_Early_Access#Receiving_Early_Access_SDK_Updates_Automatically
If you add the early access repository into your SDK and have an older beta release of the SDK, you should see an update notification in the Sailfish OS IDE. Otherwise, you will see an update notification in the Sailfish OS IDE, when the Jolla Release 2.1.1 is publicly available to all users.
SDK content matches Jolla Release 18.104.22.168 (Jämsänjoki). Please see below for detailed information of the changes.
A couple of things you should be aware of:
- As before, in this update the build engine, emulator and targets are reinstalled so you will lose all changes you may have made in those - However, if your application packaging is done correctly, rebuilding your projects should reinstall the packages you have been using.
- Any customization done to SDK (adding new package repositories, adding custom targets, additional source paths) will be removed during the installation process so make your own backup of those before starting the update.
- If you import existing projects made with a previous version of the Sailfish OS SDK, make sure to select the correct kit in the project configuration step. Both ARM and i486 kits are available.
- Package repository contents have been updated and consequently using a previous SDK version with these package repositories is not supported.
- For more information, please see the Application SDK known issues list at https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Application_SDK_Known_Issues.
SDK IDE (Qt Creator, Qt QmlLive)
- Refreshed API documentation available in the Help mode (Ctrl+7) in Qt Creator to Jolla release 22.214.171.124 level
- Added support for QML-only apps development (File > New File or Project > Application > ...)
- Added support for Sailfish OS Ambience development (File > New File or Project > Other Project > ...)
- Fixed https://together.jolla.com/question/161896/breakpoint-issue-in-the-sailfish-os-sdk/
SDK Build engine
- Build targets refreshed to Jolla release 126.96.36.199 level
- Harbour RPM validator updated
- New APIs allowed: Sailfish Pickers
- New libraries allowed: SQLite3
- Nemo QML modules naming convention changed from org.nemomobile.* to Nemo.*. The old imports still remain supported for compatibility reasons.
- Emulator packages refreshed to Jolla release 188.8.131.52 level
- Fixed initial emulator mode settings
- Added missing themes for certain emulator modes
If you have any questions, feel free to either send an email to this mailing list: devel at lists.sailfishos.org, write it up in http://together.jolla.com and tag your issue with 'sdk' or send an e-mail to developer-care at jolla.com.
Jolla SDK Team