The UPnP/DLNA client for Sailfish OS. It allows to stream content files from the mobile to UPnP/DLNA devices.
Following features are currently supported:
- Discovery of UPnP devices in a local network
- Remote control (Play, Pause, Next, Prev, Seek, Volume up/down)
- Streaming of content (Music, Video, Images) from mobile to UPnP devices
Role in UPnP architecture:
Jupii is a client of AVTransport and RenderingControl services. It connects to devices that implement MediaRenderer role. In order to share content from the mobile, Jupii starts local HTTP streaming server.
Jupii exposes simple D-Bus service. It can be used to make integration with other Sailfish OS applications. The example 'proof of concept' integration with gPodder is available to download from GitHub page.
Modified gPodder rpm package: https://github.com/mkiol/Jupii/raw/master/binary/harbour-org.gpodder.sai...
This is "work in progress" project in beta stage, so likely contains a number of bugs.
Any comments, issue reports are highly appreciated.
Translations will be enabled at a later stage.
Source code: https://github.com/mkiol/Jupii
Bugs, Feature requests: https://github.com/mkiol/Jupii/issues or [email protected]
- Repeat play mode. Items on the playlist can be playbacked in Normal, Repeat-All or Repeat-One mode.
- Multi-item pickers. Music, Video, Image or File pickers support selection of multiple items.
- Start with last playlist. When Jupii connects to a device, the last saved playlist will be automatically loaded. If you don't like this feature it can be disabled in the settings.
- Volume control with hardware keys. Change volume level using phone hardware volume keys. The volume level of the media device will be set to be the same as the volume level of the ringing alert on the phone. Option can be disabled in the settings.
- Improvements of the player UI. Player bottom panel has more compact look. If needed, it can be also expanded to the full size.
- D-Bus API. Jupii exposes simple D-Bus service. It can be used to make integration with other Sailfish OS applications. The example 'proof of concept' intergation with gPodder is available to download from Jupii GitHub page.